Many adults deal with acne. If you’re facing this problem, learn about these DIY masks that could help you.
When thinking of acne, we might automatically associate it with teenagers or young adults. Believe it or not, this is a misconception because A LOT of adults deal with acne. There are many reasons adults deal with acne, according to WebMD this type of acne can be caused by changes in hormones, stress, medications and more.
If you are dealing with acne, here are three face masks you can make at home to fight those pimples. We recommend talking to your doctor for the most effective treatments.
Coconut Oil and Oatmeal Face Mask
This mask from SiO Beauty is very simple and if you love coconut, this is the mask for you. All you need is coconut oil, oatmeal and warm water.
- Mix 1/4 cup of warm water with 3 tablespoons of oatmeal in a small bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and mix
- Apply the mixture to a clean face and let it sit for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, gently exfoliate face with the mask
- Rinse face with warm water
Coconut oil is known for its endless benefits. One of the benefits of this oil includes antibacterial properties. Oatmeal is known to balance pH and in this recipe acts as a gentle exfoliant.
Green Tea Cleansing Mask
I always start my morning with a warm cup of green tea but now I also use it to combat acne. For this deep cleansing green tea mask from Remedies for Me you will need: green tea, raw honey, lemon juice, and brown sugar.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of green tea, 1 tablespoon of raw honey, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl
- Mix well until it becomes a paste
- Gently rub the scrub on a clean face for 1-2 minutes
- Let the scrub sit for 15 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
Aloe Vera and Tomato Face Mask
This is the perfect mask if you are looking to combat acne while toning your face. For this mask from SiO Beauty all you will need is aloe vera gel and tomato juice.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of tomato juice with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel in a large bowl
- Apply mask to a clean face and let it sit for 15 minutes
- Remove the mask by rinsing with warm water
- Splash water with cold water to tighten skin
- Pat dry with a towel
Recommended for you: